Friday 5 December 2014

Christmas Essentials: The Movies! (Blogmas Day 5)

Hello everyone and welcome to blogmas day 5. Today, I am going to be talking about the things which are essential near Christmas. For this post, it's all about the movies.. in particular, my favourite Christmas movies. This is in no way a countdown, but just a list because it is literally impossible to order my favourite Christmas films.

Okay, the first movie is the classic 'Elf'. This film has probably been seen by everyone but I have to admit it is one of the best Christmas movies going. I always watch this film as soon as it hits December, sometimes earlier, and it just really helps getting me in to the Christmas spirit. And hey, who doesn't love Will Ferrell? Growing up, this was literally the only Christmas film I would watch, I would just put it on repeat because it was my absolute favourite. However, over the years I have started watching more Christmas films and trying to choose my favourite Christmas movie nowadays is becoming so tough.

Another Christmas film I watched a lot when I was younger was The Polar Express. Now, I don't know what it was when I was younger, but I was always so mesmerised by this movie. Possibly it was the animation or the scenery of the film, especially when they get to the North Pole. That part in the movie in particular, was just so magical for me as a child and it always got me in to the Christmas spirit. However, despite all this, I can't actually remember me getting through the whole movie. I'm sure I have plenty of times, and I can vaguely remember the ending, but it isn't clear to me. But this movie really isn't talked about enough.



Another Christmas film that is not talked about enough is Arthur Christmas. Now this film came out a few years ago and I can't actually remember there being much hype on the movie. I know that I went to go see it in the cinema, which I know at the time I was very reluctant, but this movie is actually so good, and it deserves more credit. It's not your traditional 'Santa and Elf's' story, it has a really good plot line. And I will just state right now, that Arthur is literally me as a character and if you have seen this film, you would understand what I mean. Oh yeah, and I also don't like Justin Bieber, but the song he did for this movie is pretty good.



This movie is a must have for Christmas time. It is The Santa Clause. Now, I have to include all three of this trio because they are all great. However, the third one is the one I remember the most and I really liked that one, so that probably has to be my favourite out of the trio. I mean, the third movie in particular has such an inventive and creative concept, it just makes it so much more interesting to watch. But all the characters in all the movies are so likeable and just creates a better viewing experience, haha.(going all fancy there).




The last film that I am going to include is Home Alone. I know there is like 60 movies of Home Alone but if I remember correctly, the second one is my favourite. Well whatever one where he goes to New York is. But can we just talk about the kind of ideas this boy had, like jeez if these two men came in my house I would crawl up in a ball and cry. That boy is brave.. even if he does drugs now. Anyway, that is beside the point. I remember being introduced to this film by my cousin and the first scene he showed me was one with a massive spider and for a while, that made me not want to watch Home Alone, lol.


Okay, well this was my list of my favourite Christmas movies! If you haven't watched any of these, I recommend that you do because it will really bring your Christmas spirits up. Anyway, check out my blog tomorrow for a new Blogmas post. Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment