Tuesday 27 January 2015

Wilko Brushes! (Try Out Tuesday)

Hello and it is Tuesday, which mean I try out a new product and review them! Today I am going to be reviewing Wilko's Brushes which have fairly recently been brought out. I have been wanting to use this in a Try Out Tuesday for a while, but I wanted to give it a fair assessment first. I believe that in the total range, there are 10 brushes, 5 face brushes, 4 eye brushes, and 1 lip brush. They are very well priced, ranging from £2-£4. However, I have only purchased 2, the Stippling Brush and the Eye Make-up Smudger.

The brushes are packaged in a plastic zip-up pouch, which I guess is quite handy and re-usable. Covering the brushes is a plastic cover to keep the shape, which is very convenient. And of course, it doesn't go unnoticed that they resemble Real Techniques brushes with the use of the orange metal handle. I must admit, for the price, these brushes are very sturdy and I've had them for about a month and no hairs have come out yet, even after cleaning them.

Stippling Brush
This was the first brush from the range that I purchased and it is available for £4. I have never purchased a stippling brush, but I knew that they help achieve the airbrushed kind of look. The first thing I noticed about this whole range of brushes is how soft they all are, but being a stippling brush, this almost becomes a disadvantage. Although I like the feel of this brush on my skin, I found it far too soft to actually blend or apply much product on to my face. I also thought that the brush may have needed to be a little bit denser so it could pick up more product. I would say this brush was good if you like very minimal and light coverage, but I don't think I can rate this more than a 2.5/5.

Eye Make-up Smudger
Now this brush retails at £3, the same as all the other eye brushes in the range. Again, this brush was incredibly soft, which was actually a bonus for me because I have very sensitive eyes. The hairs on the brush are very dense so this makes it perfect to smudge eyeshadow. I had previously owned a eye make-up smudger brush from Cath Kidston for triple the price, and it doesn't even compare to this. I would 100% definitely recommend this brush, I would rate it a 4.5/5.



2 comments:

  1. Hi, I've nominated you for the The Versatile Award sorry if you have already done already done it, all the info is on my blog www.lipsticksandloveheartsx.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These brushes look great and there price is amazing . Great review .x:)

    millie-kate.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete